Saturday, May 1, 2010

Have you ever...

Have you ever watched a movie or read a book that just made you want to go DO something?

I just got done watching Julie and Julia during the kids nap time. Loved it!  And by the end of it all I could think about was I HAD to clean my kitchen and I had to find that supposedly fantastic recipe by Julia Child for Beef Bourguignon! Lol!

I found it! Here it is: CLICK ME! I'm slightly intimidated by the difficulty being, well, "difficult"! But who knows...maybe I'll make it one day. ;)

I'm not always the most eloquent blogger, and I certainly am not the most dependable! I spend more time blogging in my head than I ever do on the computer, and by the time I do sit at the keyboard any humor or cute "footnotes" that may have once been part of the story vanish and all is left is a basic textbook account of what I've done...not quite what I had planned, if you know what I mean! ;)

There's no doubt I have a few things to work on, but nevertheless, I'll keep plodding on and one day it'll start becoming a little more second nature.

The hubby's away on training right now. Jared's mouth is forever moving, as though he's his own little narrator! He's bright boy, loves math and is DESPERATE to do "REAL science experiments Mommy, please!".  So apart form all my other lofty goals for the rest of this year, I will be trying to work in real science experiments every now and then. I found some really cool ones on Rainbow Resources and I might decide to give them a whirl during our Grade 2 year coming up!  Wow! Can you believe that my baby boy is already about to enter Grade 2??!! Cliche or not...they grow so fast!

Even weirder for many is that I am now his teacher! Homeschooling is challenging for sure, especially when you're new and have no idea what is the best of the 400 000 (exaggeration i'm sure ;) ) option out there. But slowly but surely we'll figure it out.

Mia, being the toddler she is, is keeping us all on our toes.  Give her one second without anyone's eyes glued on her and you'll turn around to discover her trying to get into anything and everything she's not supposed to touch lol! Her hair is finally getting long enough for teeny tiny little pigtails...I'll post pics soon, it's so adorable! As soon as the little piggytails go in I can see so much of me as a little girl in her!

But Jared's desperate to get outside, Mia thankfully is still napping, and I have dishes to do...so ta-ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This site was made with love by Angie Makes