Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Handmade 52 - Item #4 - JOE!

Handmade Item #4

Poor Joe. He's been stuck in my UFO pile since about ... well, I'm not 100% sure. I'm guessing around 2009?
Who is Joe, you ask?

Joe started out as a monster, drawn by our son, on paper. I then traced the main lines onto my "Easy Pattern" material so that we could turn him into a stuffie. A special stuffie that my son could say he had designed. We cut him out of the fabric Booger chose.....and then he lay there, being moved from pile to pile, and even to a new house, until this month.

After I finished the crayon bag for Missy I asked Booger who I should sew something for next. After some thought he asked me to finish his stuffie for him. And feeling rather embarrassed that I'd left it this long, I agreed!

So after several sewing sessions, and a surprisingly large amount of stuffing, Joe was finally done! Yay!

So without further ado, let me introduce you the monster of the year....



JOE
as drawn by "Booger"



Joe likes to scale tall...umm..mountains.

And be carted, in clenched teeth, by silly monkeys attempting to climb where they shouldn't!


Joe, as you might have realized, is rather special.
You see, he has one normal arm, and then one arm shaped like a hammer. And his legs and feet are also not even. One big, and one small, just like his eyes. There's several things that are rather unique to Joe...but one of my favourites has to be his hiney "tattoo"! ;)



3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love him! Every little boy needs a "Joe" to share in his adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bonnie! I wasn't sure he was still interested in his dude, but he loves him and that makes me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! And fun that he designed it himself!

    ReplyDelete

This site was made with love by Angie Makes