Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pretty Petals and Hooting Owls

Has anyone noticed how short little girl shorts have become lately? We're working on phasing those shorty shorts out of our closets. Now our family isn't as modest as some, and we're slightly more modest than others. Which means there is a good chance that someone reading this is either going to feel like we should make her clothes longer, or feel like we should be putting her in a bikini to beat the Texas summer heat! But that's not the point of this post. Really, it isn't! So let's step away from that and get back to business.

The point of the post is to showcase two patterns I love! 

And this cute little gal:

The Summer Sailors by Brownie Goose are long enough for her to do just about any display of acrobatics in public that she deems necessary at that moment in time, without showcasing too much. They are utterly adorable, super comfortable, and easy for her to pull up and down. I also love that while they fit perfectly, they are also sneakily hiding plenty of growing room without there being any hint of bagginess!


The faux pockets may confuse littles for the first few minutes, so grab some popcorn while they're getting dressed and be careful while you're chewing ... you're going to be giggling quite a bit! ;)

I personally love the faux pockets (though there is a tutorial for transforming them into real pockets instead). They're so quick and easy and they give the look of a step I just don't always have the time to do!


The Practically Perfect Tee pattern from Muse of the Morning, is one of my very favorites that I have owned since Missy was about 2 years old! It always fits her beautifully but I've only ever done the regular short sleeve with it. This time I went all out and did the super adorable puff sleeve. I am so glad I did. The tee came out perfectly and she absolutely loves her puffy sleeves!


Even from the back this set oozes girly cuteness! 





1 comment:

  1. Super cute! I have the Practically Perfect Tee pattern...I think I am going to have to make some now!

    ReplyDelete

This site was made with love by Angie Makes